Mental Health and Landcare
If you or someone you are with is in life-threatening danger please call 000 (triple zero)
or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
If you are seeking help for mental health issues,
call Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
As Landcarers we know first-hand the link between looking after our great country and the strong sense of wellbeing and community it brings.
Landcare and Community go hand in hand and with that comes exposure to people that are often not in the best mental state.
If you or someone you know is suffering from stress or any mental health issues please contact the mental health line of one of the support numbers below.
Local Landcare Coordinators Initiative, Local Land Services and Landcare NSW have recently formed a partnership with the Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP).
The goals of this partnership recognise that as Landcarers you are key members of your communities, you are most likely exposed to mental health issues as often as environmental and natural resource management concerns.
RAMHP is a state-wide program, funded by the Mental Health Branch of the NSW Ministry of Health, under a funding agreement with the Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health (CRRMH).
The primary goal of RAMHP is to ensure people in rural and remote NSW who are in need of mental health assistance are identified and linked to appropriate services and resources.
The 12 RAMHP Coordinators across the state undertake the following four key strategies to achieve this goal:
- SOFT ENTRY LINKAGE SERVICE: A soft entry linkage service is provided to help people in need understand and navigate the range of mental health services and resources available, and to connect them to the most appropriate assistance for their specific needs
- TRAIN: Standardised and tailored mental health training is provided to communities, service providers and workplaces
- INFORM: Best practice information about mental health is strategically disseminated to people in need, communities and service providers, via planned or pre-existing events
- PARTNER: Partnerships and networks are proactively developed and facilitated to create pathways to care and a flexible interagency response to priority groups, adverse events and local issues.
We recognise that there is strong alignment between the mission of RAMHP and Landcare’s role in building community resilience and promoting social connections in rural areas. As such we are eager to ensure RAMHP Coordinators establish and reaffirm existing relationships with the Regional Landcare Facilitators across rural NSW.
Mental Health Training Options
We are currently working with RAMHP and the Regional Landcare Facilitators to roll out training to Landcarer and Local Landcare Coordinators across the state. If you are interested in more information contact you RLF or you nearest RAMHP Coordinator
Having a tough time and need someone to talk to right now?
The following services are there to listen and help you out. They are confidential and available 24/7.
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Men's Line Australia - 1300 78 99 78
- Salvo Care Line - 1300 36 36 22
- Kids Help Line - counselling and support provided for young people (to 24 years old) who are feeling depressed, sad, or lonely - or just need someone to talk to - 1800 55 1800
- Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467